BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
among the FAQ http://support.sas.com/events/webcast06/egfollowup.html connected with the Enterprise Guide webcast, there is an answer I would like to follow up.

Q: I currently use Display Manager. If we move from Display Manager to SAS Enterprise Guide, will we lose any functionality in Display Manager, such as FSP, etc.?
A: Yes. You wouldn't be able to access SAS/AF style interfaces like FSP or SAS/ASSIST software. However, there are workarounds. You can access the same types of functionality in SAS Enterprise Guide, but it's implemented without using SAS/AF.

I was interested in the assurance "there are workarounds. You can access the same types of functionality in SAS Enterprise Guide".

What functionality exists in EG that achieves the FSbrowse screen data set and FSview formula functionality available in SAS/FSP which enable me to arrange data cells into position or columns in (my) order including the reformatting and deriving of values?

Peter
2 REPLIES 2
deleted_user
Not applicable
Examples of what you mention are offered in the custom task example for EG 4.1 at http://support.sas.com/documentation/onlinedoc/guide/customtasks/index.htm

If you click on the second link in the right column and install the custom tasks, you will see one named "Observation Editor." This is similar to FSxxx functionality. If you want to expand on this functionality, the custom task code is freely available and can be modified at will.

Best regards,
Stephen
deleted_user
Not applicable
thank you Stephen

the screen shot seemed a little "plain" so I look forward to discovering how customisable it all is!

(the whole thing is a little daunting for me as I no VB platform and plenty of SAS/FSP experience ~~ but that's my problem and no reflection on EG )

Peter

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 in conversation