BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
cnilsen
Quartz | Level 8

Hi All.

So.. I have this long process flow I'm working on. Prior to the end of it (and its reports) I have to add a new task to do a join with 2 new tables into the process.. so that some of their data can be used for some new calcs in the final query of the process. How can I 'hijack' the process and do so?  I have tried, but then the process branches off and I have to find a way to get the final calcs and queries back in line.

Thanks,

Chris N.

- Chris N.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

@cnilsen wrote:

So by changing the input name of a data string.. I can realign my job stream back into a a single path?

If by "changing the input name" you mean "changing the input data reference" from 'B' to your newly created 'B2', then Yes.  You're not just changing a text string (as you might do in a pure code solution), but effectively rearranging your process flow to include this additional intermediate step.  As long as you don't change the attributes of the input data (same column names and types), the downstream processes won't suffer any ill effects.

Chris

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
TomKari
Onyx | Level 15

Really easy, I'm pleased to announce!

1. Set up whatever new nodes you need, and connect them as needed. Don't connect them to anything else.

2. Connect the OUTPUT of your new set of nodes to the required existing sink node. Note, you'll now have the old and the new linking in parallel to your sink node.

3. Depending on whether you need to create an EG link, or it's an implied data link, at this point make whatever kind of connection you need to between your old source node and your new set of nodes. Now you'll have your old source node output split and going to both your new set of nodes and your old sink node.

4. Get rid of the link from your old source node to your old sink node.

Tom

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Don't forget that you can easily modify the data reference leading into a task with right-click, Select Input Data.

replacedata.gif

You can modify data in the Query Builder by selecting Table Properties in the Query Builder interface and browsing to an alternate data table, thus modifying how data flows through the project.

tblprops.png

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
cnilsen
Quartz | Level 8
Hi Chris,

So by changing the input name of a data string.. I can realign my job stream back into a a single path?

for example.

my process goes from task 'A' to 'B' to 'C'

I do my new table join after 'B' as needed resulting in output 'B2'... and then change the input of 'C' to 'B2'?

Chris N.

- Chris N.
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

@cnilsen wrote:

If by "changing the input name" you mean "changing the input data reference" from 'B' to your newly created 'B2', then Yes.  You're not just changing a text string (as you might do in a pure code solution), but effectively rearranging your process flow to include this additional intermediate step.  As long as you don't change the attributes of the input data (same column names and types), the downstream processes won't suffer any ill effects.

Chris

cnilsen
Quartz | Level 8
Got it. Thats what I was hoping for.
Thanks again!

Chris N.
- Chris N.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation