BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Jade_SAS
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi,

I want to verify that I cam call python in SAS Enterprise Guide. Is there anyone that has a simple python script that I can run in SAS EG? Thank you!

I do look at this link (https://github.com/sassoftware/enlighten-integration/tree/master/SAS_Base_OpenSrcIntegration), but kind of confused what to do with python.

Jade

2 REPLIES 2
rogerjdeangelis
Barite | Level 11

If you are on a unix server then call IT, 99.9% of the time,  a reasonable Unix servers have Perl and Python installed.

Ask for the path and cd to the path then

type python from the command line, you should see

>>

Type

>> print "hello world"

hello world

You just ran your first program

SOAPBOX ON

If this does not work then let IT know that you are a programmer and need an operating system

SOAPBOX OFF

Jade_SAS
Pyrite | Level 9

Thanks, I did the hello world on the unix already.

But my boss want me do soomething at SAS to show the calling python in SAS. I don't know the statement in SAS to call python programs, could you please help me with this?

I mean if I put " print "Hello World" ' in program helloworld.py. How can execute this program in SAS?

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation