BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Timmy2383
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Ok, so we are running a SAS EBI 9.4TS1M3 environment on RHEL 6.7 (Linux x64).  EG is 7.100.0.1966 64-bit. 

I have a user that creates projects with Query Builder tasks.  When he creates the tasks they appear and run as normal.  Here is an example using data from SASHELP:

%_eg_conditional_dropds(WORK.QUERY_FOR_CARS);

PROC SQL;
   CREATE TABLE WORK.QUERY_FOR_CARS AS 
   SELECT t1.Make, 
          /* Calculation */
            (COUNT(DISTINCT(t1.Model))) AS COUNT_DISTINCT_of_Model
      FROM SASHELP.CARS t1
      GROUP BY t1.Make;
QUIT;

He runs it and has no problems.

However, if he saves the project and sends it to someone else to run, the same Query Builder task changes the code to this:

%_eg_conditional_dropds(WORK.QUERY_FOR_CARS);

PROC SQL;
EXECUTE (
   CREATE TABLE WORK.QUERY_FOR_CARS AS    SELECT t1.Make, 
          /* COUNT_DISTINCT_of_Model */
            (COUNT(DISTINCT(t1.Model))) AS COUNT_DISTINCT_of_Model
      FROM SASHELP.CARS t1
      GROUP BY t1.Make;) by con1;
QUIT;

Notice how it sandwhiched the original SQL code inside of "EXECUTE(  ) by con1;".

Of course, this makes it errors out:

ERROR: The CON1 engine cannot be found.
ERROR: A Connection to the con1 DBMS is not currently supported, or is not installed at your site.

Obviously because I have no idea what con1 is supposed to be and where it's coming from.

If we do this in reverse (i.e. I create the project with Query Builder task and then send to him) this issue does not occur.

I've tried uninstalling EG, removing the EG settings from ..\appdata\Roaming\SAS\EnterpriseGuide\, but that didn't help.

Thoughts?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

No goof on your part -- this should be okay to share a 7.12 project with 7.1, but obviously it breaks down in this case.  Hopefully an easy remedy on your end -- we do recommend that everyone on a team use the same version so that you have access to the same features.

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

I suspect these people are running different versions of SAS Enterprise Guide.  Have each user check the Help->About window and note the versions, then (ideally) update the install for the person on the back-level version.

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
Timmy2383
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
Thanks, Chris. I'm such a goof, I thought we were on the same versions, but remembered our desktop support group has several versions of our depot. I thought I was on the latest version (for my testing), but I'm on 7.1 whereas he's on 7.12.

I will test this and give an update.
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

No goof on your part -- this should be okay to share a 7.12 project with 7.1, but obviously it breaks down in this case.  Hopefully an easy remedy on your end -- we do recommend that everyone on a team use the same version so that you have access to the same features.

Timmy2383
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
You were right. We reinstalled 7.1 on his machine and he can now share his projects with the rest of his team.

Thanks, Chris!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation