BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Rishoej
Calcite | Level 5

Hi there.

We are currently migration from PC/SAS to SAS/EG V7.1 and have faced a problem in respect to supporting existing usage in autoexec's.

Today user are prompted to rung in DEV, TEST or PROD through %WINDOW statements in order to set up right pointers to e.g. ExaData.

%WINDOW is not supported in SAS/EG, so we have been looking into prompts. But prompts are used in specific projects and not as part of a startup. The prompt can be excuted by opening of a project with a prompt in it, but it has to be triggered.

So what we are looking for is a way to excute a prompt in "batch", so to include the code/funktionality in an "normal" autoexec as part of the EG initialization.

Has anyone solved this I'm very interested to hear how this was accomplished.

Cheers, Lars

4 REPLIES 4
RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

Why not just have a "Startup" project which gets loaded first, does all the prompts, then loads the appropriate project?  I haven't used EG for years, but that would seem logical to me.

Rishoej
Calcite | Level 5

Well that woul be a valid solution, but as I'm aware of you are not able to specify an EG project that has to be executed as part of the startup.

You are able to specify SAS statements as part of the startup/initialization, but i need to fire up an EG project not just ordinary SAS statements.

Cheers, Lars

Reeza
Super User

In our installation, we had multiple profiles for each system and when we logged in it made us select the desired profile each time. 

@Rishoej wrote:

Well that woul be a valid solution, but as I'm aware of you are not able to specify an EG project that has to be executed as part of the startup.

You are able to specify SAS statements as part of the startup/initialization, but i need to fire up an EG project not just ordinary SAS statements.

Cheers, Lars

CaseySmith
SAS Employee

If you haven't already seen, checkout Chris' blog post on autoexec options in EG:

https://blogs.sas.com/content/sgf/2014/05/01/autoexecs-the-sas-enterprise-guide-advantage/

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation