BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Proulx06
Calcite | Level 5

Hi all,

Relatively new SAS EG 4.3 user, as our enterprise just switched from Hyperion. I'm LOVING the functionality EG provides.

I have a simple query with one table. I'm going to simplify the build below for purposes of explanation.

TABLE 1

Field 1

Date 1

Dollar Amount 1

Row Insert Effective Date

Row Insert Expiration Date

What I want to be able to do is build a query that brings back the value in 'Dollar Amount 1' at a certain point in time (we call this 'time traveling' in our analytics group). Our datamart allows for this by manipulating the values in the Row Insert fields.

I have successfully run this query by using this limit:

Row Insert Effective Date = Date 1 + 30 (or 60, or 90, or...)

But ideally, in order to create a template query, I want to have a prompt called "NumberOfDays", which is set to be an integer between 0 and 365. Then my limit would be:

Row Insert Effective Date = Date 1 + NumberOfDays

I get an error when I try to use this prompt within a limit calculation. The error is "ERROR 22-322: Syntax error, expecting one of the following: a name, a quoted string, a numeric constant, a datetime constant, a missing value, BTRIM, INPUT, PUT, SUBSTRING, USER."

Am I stuck hard-coding this with the actual number of days, or is there just a syntax issue when using a prompt within a calculation in a query limit?

Thanks all!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Proulx06
Calcite | Level 5

I ended up finding the solution in another topic thread. What I failed to do was go into the query options and register the prompt in the Query Options. Once I did that it prompted me for the value and the plugged that value into my limit calculation.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Are you using the prompt for a filter?  If so, then be sure to check the box "Generate filter for a prompt value" on the Filter definition window.  That will generate the appropriate syntax (%eg_whereparam) that will "unwrap" the prompt value from its macro format into a value that's good for the query.

Chris

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
Proulx06
Calcite | Level 5

I ended up finding the solution in another topic thread. What I failed to do was go into the query options and register the prompt in the Query Options. Once I did that it prompted me for the value and the plugged that value into my limit calculation.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation