BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ilmare
Calcite | Level 5

I formated 8 byte character string into Date(CCYYMMDD) by using INPUT.

I now want to use this Date in Filter to say Date>19990613, so that I can only pick the records that have Date greater than June 13, 1999.

I know there are such records that meet this criteria but when I run the project with this filter, I am getting 0 record back.

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you!!

5 REPLIES 5
Haikuo
Onyx | Level 15

Hi,

When SAS does the comparison on date, it compares the true numeric value instead of formated value:

data _null_;

a=input('19990613',anydtdte.);

put a= a=date9.;

run;

So you can see, if you do: date>14408, then see what happens.

Haikuo

FloydNevseta
Pyrite | Level 9

...or date>'13jun1999'd

ilmare
Calcite | Level 5

Haikuo:

Thank you for your advie.

As I am not familiar to the SAS coding, where can I go to find out the numeric value of 14408 in SEG? BTW, I used 14408 and it ran successfully with the date greater than Jun 13, 1999.

SAS_Bigot:

Thank you also for your advice.

I tried to use your expression on the Query Builder/Filter but it gave me an error. I must have done incorrectly.

Haikuo
Onyx | Level 15

Sorry. My EG experience is close to '0'. There are many with EG skills on the forum, your question will be answered sufficiently.

Haikuo

ilmare
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you, HaiKuo,

I was able to compute the Date by using Input w. anydtdte as you suggested, to come up with the numeric values in EG.

I appreciate your help.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation