BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
PaalNavestad
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi all, I recently learned that you can include SAS Studio Tasks in EG. However in our installation with all SAS installed on a Linux EGInclude tasks.PNGCluster I do not find the settings to get the SAS Studio Tasks from the Server. Does anybody know how you get the right URL or other methods to use tasks from the server?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
CaseySmith
SAS Employee

Thanks for your answers.  Those versions are compatible, so it should be able to work.  And if you can use the same Enterprise version of SAS Studio from the same machine, but you don't see the Task Type filter, that confirms EG is not detecting the Enterprise SAS Studio instance for some reason.

At this point, I too suggest contacting Tech Support.

As Sam noted, EG retrieves the URL for the Enterprise Edition of SAS Studio from metadata, which is normally in this location in SAS Management Console:

Plug-ins tab->Application Management folder->Configuration Manager->SAS Application Infrastructure->SAS Studio Mid-Tier 3.5

You could check to make sure that is defined and the URL is set properly (points to the correct Enterprise Edition of SAS Studio), or Tech Support could help you with this.

Tech Support may also request an EG log to help debug.  They should be able to assist.

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Damo
SAS Employee

Hi @PaalNavestad

First, do you know which SAS Studio you have?

If it's the Enterprise Edition, can you access it from your browser?

If it's the Single User, it has to be installed on your desktop, where EG is also available.

Cheers,

Damo

PaalNavestad
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi Damo, we have the Enteprise Edition. The problem is not running SAS Stduio, but being able to use SAS Studio tasks in EG.

CaseySmith
SAS Employee

Hi @PaalNavestad,

A few questions...

1) What exact version of EG (listed in Help->About) do you have?

2) What exact version of Enterprise Edition of SAS Studio do you have?

3) Just to confirm (since it sounds like what you were saying), you are able to use your Enterprise Edition of SAS Studio just fine from a browser on the same client machine as EG?

4) When you click Tasks (menu)->Browse... in EG, do you see a Type filter with Built-in and SAS Studio checkboxes (as in screenshot below)?

taskTypeFilter.png

Casey

PaalNavestad
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi Casey thanks, here are my answers:

1. 7.13 HF5 (7.100.3.5486) (64-bit)

2. Release: 3.5 (Enterprise Edition)

3. Yes I can use SAS Studio from the same machine

4. No

Overall SAs version is 9.4 M3

CaseySmith
SAS Employee

Thanks for your answers.  Those versions are compatible, so it should be able to work.  And if you can use the same Enterprise version of SAS Studio from the same machine, but you don't see the Task Type filter, that confirms EG is not detecting the Enterprise SAS Studio instance for some reason.

At this point, I too suggest contacting Tech Support.

As Sam noted, EG retrieves the URL for the Enterprise Edition of SAS Studio from metadata, which is normally in this location in SAS Management Console:

Plug-ins tab->Application Management folder->Configuration Manager->SAS Application Infrastructure->SAS Studio Mid-Tier 3.5

You could check to make sure that is defined and the URL is set properly (points to the correct Enterprise Edition of SAS Studio), or Tech Support could help you with this.

Tech Support may also request an EG log to help debug.  They should be able to assist.

PaalNavestad
Pyrite | Level 9

Thanks Casey, I will look at the metadata setup (but have to get to the adminstartors first)

samdupont
SAS Employee

Maybe contact technical support to help figure out why your SAS Studio (Enterprise version) instance is not being detected by Enterprise Guide.  EG normally gets that information from metadata.  You could login to your metadata server using SMC and confirm the Studio URL. 

PaalNavestad
Pyrite | Level 9
Thanks, yes I will try that at some point. Wanted to check the effectiveness of the Community as well

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation