BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.

How do you access a data set for a dynamic prompt using SAS Folders when EG and Metadata Server are on the same PC?

I can create a prompt from a static list, but I'd prefer to use a dynamic list. However, the dynamic list asks for data in SAS Folders. I have a Metadata Server on the same PC, but how do you link to the data set via SAS Folders?

Philip R Holland
Holland Numerics: Blog and Forums
http://blog.hollandnumerics.org.uk
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RahulG
Barite | Level 11

You need to register the dataset in your SAS Metadata folder using SAS Management Console or SAS Data Integration Studio. 

Once dataset is registered, it should be visible when you browse SAS Folders while creating dynamic prompt.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
RahulG
Barite | Level 11

You need to register the dataset in your SAS Metadata folder using SAS Management Console or SAS Data Integration Studio. 

Once dataset is registered, it should be visible when you browse SAS Folders while creating dynamic prompt.

Patrick
Opal | Level 21

@RahulG has already given you the answer.

It doesn't matter whether the metadata server is on the same machine or not. If everything is installed locally: Just make sure that you connect your EG session to the metadata server and not to local.

hollandnumerics
Pyrite | Level 9

Patrick and RahulG,

Thanks for the advice.  However, I've decided to revert back to manually updating the static list in the prompt, because I'm not sure my client will be able to maintain the Metadata Server without help in the future.  They will be able to follow instructions to reload the prompt's static list from a data set though, which will not require anything more than Local Server access.

Unfortunately sometimes the neat bits are not necessarily the most appropriate.

..............Phil

Philip R Holland
Holland Numerics: Blog and Forums
http://blog.hollandnumerics.org.uk
RahulG
Barite | Level 11

Registering dataset is one time activity and then later on you need to keep your dataset updated through some DI job/EG project so client need not to maintain Metadata Server.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation