BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Nero_IV
Fluorite | Level 6

I have a summarized dataset in the below format to track the performance of an email campaign. Each of the flag columns have a binary value , and the total count of customers corresponding to that row is given in Count column.

EDIT : So, the first row signifies that there are 10 customers which were in Control set, who didn't open the email , didn't respond and were not funded.

The second row signifies 20 customers in Test set who didn't open email, didn't respond and were not funded.

End of EDIT 

Campaign

Control_Flag

Email_Open

Responder

Funded

Count

$Revenue

Y

N

N

Y

N

N

Y

$ 700,000

N

$ 800,000

N

$ 900,000

I need to prepare the report in the below format from it. For Responders/Funded/Revenue rows, I just need the sum of counts where these flag values are 1. Total Test is the sum of Email Open and Email Not Open columns.

Campaign 1

Test

Email Not Open

Email Open

Total Test

Control

Target

Responders

Funded

Revenue

$   800,000

$             900,000

$ 1,700,000

$ 700,000

Running the below code show the counts of both responders and non responders. How do I show counts of only those cases where the flag variable is 1?

proc report data=TARGETS2_G;

column resp control_flag,cust;

define resp / group;

define control_flag / across;

define cust /analysis sum;

run;

EDIT 2 : Uploaded the input file.

5 REPLIES 5
Reeza
Super User
It depends on what you mean by that, and it's hard to see from your example data. If you want to limit a field (revenue by flags) its a different story than if you just want the count of 1's. If you do, SUM() is the correct statistic, since SUM() with 0/1 is the same as Count(X=1).
Nero_IV
Fluorite | Level 6
To fill in the cells, I need the sum of count column given that the Responder = 1 for one row, Funded = 1 for other row etc.
Sum of flag variable will only give me the count of rows, which is incorrect.
Reeza
Super User

Sounds like you may need to presummarize then or use a lot of COMPUTE statements within PROC REPORT. 

For the summaries you want, you'll need to control the WAYS/TYPES statements on PROC MEANS/SUMMARY or customize it in PROC FREQ. This is assuming I actually understand what you want, which I'm not really sure about. 

@Nero_IV wrote:
To fill in the cells, I need the sum of count column given that the Responder = 1 for one row, Funded = 1 for other row etc.
Sum of flag variable will only give me the count of rows, which is incorrect.

ballardw
Super User

Post your example data as a data step.

I think I have an idea what you might be wanting but I am not going to spend the time with the format the "data" was pasted to attempt to create a data set as it is very unfriendly.

Nero_IV
Fluorite | Level 6
Uploaded the CSV file for input data.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation