BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
sasrahul
Calcite | Level 5

Few day back i have configured a SAS EG & EM on one remote server but while login to EG its giving below error,

PS- EM is working fine.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Exception information
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Parameter is not valid.          
-------------------------- Technical Information Follows --------------------------
Exception Details:
----------------------------------------
Exception type:  System.ArgumentException
Source:          System.Drawing
Target Site:     .ctor

Stack Trace:
   at System.Drawing.Bitmap..ctor(Type type, String resource)
   at SAS.SharedImages.Images.GetIcon(IMAGEID image, Int32 width, Int32 height)
   at SAS.SharedImages.Images.GetIconAsBitmap(IMAGEID image, Int32 width, Int32 height)
   at SAS.EG.MainForm._CreateOpenDropDownItems()
   at SAS.EG.MainForm._LoadMenu()
   at SAS.EG.MainForm.CreateMainMenu()
   at SAS.EG.MainForm..ctor()
   at SAS.EG.App.Startup(String[] args)
   at SAS.EG.App.Main(String[] args)
   at SAS.EG.EntryPoint.Main(String[] args)

all the etc host entries are added telnet is working on server "telnet IP:8561"

SAS Enterprise Guide version: 7.15 HF2 (7.100.5.6112)

Version: 6.2.0.9200
 Service pack: No Service Pack Installed

6 REPLIES 6
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

What are you doing with client software on a server?

And this looks like a message I have been getting quite often, but with no recognizable consequences (login and everything else worked).

Looks like it has got nothing to do with server connections, but with EG trying to draw something (an icon) somewhere.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

If EG is working fine from PCs to the same SAS servers then I'd suspect something is missing in the server setup. How did you install it? With the standalone installer or from the SAS Deployment Wizard. I'd try installing again to see if that fixes it. Note EG is an MS .net application so it needs .net libraries to work. I'd also install 64-bit EG not the 32-bit version.

sasrahul
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

Tried all the things even re-installing it but still the same error, Still EM is getting connected and EG is not. Any other way to resolve the issue. 

CaseySmith
SAS Employee

While I don't have an explanation why EG is unable to load this particular icon (Data Exploration, I suspect) for some folks (I can't reproduce), I can tell from the callstack, confirmed in the code (and agree with @Kurt_Bremser) that while it may prevent the Open dropdown button (folder icon) on the main toolbar from being populated, it should not otherwise prevent EG from working in any way.

Casey

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

sasrahul
Calcite | Level 5
So what do you think, how this issue can be solved.
because i have searched all the sites 😛 but there is nothing concrete i am getting to resolve this error.
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Open a track with SAS Tech Support for your problem.

I assume you are connecting to your SAS server using Windows remote login then trying to open EG in the remote server session. If this is not how you are doing it please explain.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 in conversation