BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Shastadaisy0102
Calcite | Level 5

Hi!

I am trying to schedule my project to release in Excel format rather than VBS script.  Is that possible?  I have it set to export to Excel in the project already, but when it delivers it is always as VBS script.  We have SAS EG 4.3

4 REPLIES 4
ChrisBrooks
Ammonite | Level 13

I think you're confusing two different things here. When you use the Windows scheduler from inside EG then EG will generate a VBS file which contains a VB Script program which runs the Enterprise Guide project in background. If that project exports it's output to Excel then you will get an Excel spreadsheet when it runs.

You can check if this works by double clicking the VBS file - if the Excel file doesn't appear when the program is finished then you have an error in your project.

Shastadaisy0102
Calcite | Level 5
Thank you so much for your response. I clicked on the VBS Script and got an error. I also noticed the scheduler is not working, it only ran because selected run project after I set up the schedule.
Error: Object Required
Code: 800A01A8
Source: Microsoft VBScript Runtime Error
fifthand57th
SAS Employee

@Shastadaisy0102

See this SAS Note for tips and requirements needed to schedule SAS Enterprise Guide projects successfully: http://support.sas.com/kb/56648. It's worth reviewing this note to ensure you have the permissions/rights needed to schedule.

The script error you received tells me that you may want to ensure that the bitness of EG and the bitness of the cscript.exe file used matches. What is the full version of EG including bitness you are using? (Go to Help -> About SAS Enterprise Guide for this information.) What version of Windows are you using?

If you have a 32-bit install of EG, then you want to ensure that the cscript.exe located in c:\Windows\SysWOW64\ is executing your VBScript file.

If you have a 64-bit install of EG, then you want to ensure that the cscript.exe located in c:\Windows\System32\ is used.

(Yes, the names of these Windows directories are misleading. See https://stackoverflow.com/questions/949959/why-do-64-bit-dlls-go-to-system32-and-32-bit-dlls-to-sysw...)

ChrisBrooks
Ammonite | Level 13

The scheduler may have been disabled by your system administrator - I encountered this at one site and had to ask for it to be enabled on the machine I was using.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation