BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Cullima
Calcite | Level 5
Can anyone tell me where EG 4.2 looks for user-defined formats by default. I need to be able to create a permanent format which other users can use within EG. As far as I can see there is no way of setting this location from within the application.

Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
Patrick
Opal | Level 21
It's not SAS EG "looking" for the format library but the SAS session on the server where you run SAS.
You CAN add additional format catalogues in additional libraries which SAS uses then to look for formats.
You can do this during SAS invocation (i.e. in the autoexec on the server) or as part of the SAS code in SAS EG.

Here the doku (same for SAS 9.1.3 and SAS 9.2):
http://support.sas.com/onlinedoc/913/getDoc/en/lrdict.hlp/a000279102.htm

HTH
Patrick
Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
If you just want to use one format library for the session or for EG invocation, you could create either a temporary or permanent format library using the LIBNAME task (see tools) in EG.
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager
The default value of FMTSEARCH (libraries searched for format definitions) in EG is:

FMTSEARCH=(WORK LIBRARY EGTASK SASUSER)

EGTASK is a reference for EG that probably does not exist but EG adds for legacy purposes. But if you can assign a library named LIBRARY and map it to where your FORMATS catalog resides, SAS (via EG) should find your formats with no extra settings required.

Chris
It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation