BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi,
I imported an excel file into SAS EG using File --> Import Data. The data is located on a server accessed by my local computer.

I changed the file by adding additional rows. I was hoping if I just reran the import data function, the additional rows would be added, but they are not. How can I add the extra rows without doing it manually and without re-importing the file.

Thanks in advance! Message was edited by: ILGator
3 REPLIES 3
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager
If you saved the Excel file and then re-ran the import task, the data *should* be updated.

If this is the 4.1 release, please verify that you are running with the latest hotfixes (should be something like 4.1.0.1010 in the Help->About window).

If the problem persists, you should work with SAS Technical Support to help resolve it.

Chris
It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10 sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
Please clarify this statement (at least for me):

I changed the file by adding additional rows

Exactly where did you change "the file" -- after importing it into SAS or in the external file, for which you need to import it again, likely replacing the prior imported file?

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc.
Flip
Fluorite | Level 6
I have experience this behavior as well. Once EG creates a temporary file, it does not go back to the spreadsheet to refresh the data.
I have changed data, saved the excel file the re-run the import, and get the same data. I am on 4.1.0.1010

Message was edited by: Flip

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation