BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
andypandy_swe
Obsidian | Level 7

I've just installed standalone 8.1 (8.1.0.4552) and I'm getting an alert to update to 8.2.

I klick "close and update", the progressbar does two lengths and then an error message pops up saying "an error occurred updating sas enterprise guide unable to download the update".

I've tried while running 8.1 as an administrator, with and without VPN multiple times and still the same thing. Any ideas?

Regards

Andreas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
6 REPLIES 6
andypandy_swe
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks JuanS_OCS but the first one didn't do any difference.

Tried the second one (although that one seems to be for 7.1 (that I have uninstalled). I had a similar message in the log to the one they described.

The note says to look out for this in the log:

Certificate failed validation. This either means the package was not signed by a trusted authority or the certificate was revoked. Abort Install.

My log says:

Certificate validation failed. This is not a valid certificate.
Issuer:
CN=DigiCert SHA2 Assured ID Code Signing CA, OU=www.digicert.com, O=DigiCert Inc, C=US
Subject:
CN="SAS Institute, Inc.", OU=R&D, O="SAS Institute, Inc.", L=Cary, S=North Carolina, C=US
UpdateViewModel - ModelOnDownloadUpdateCompleted() - System.ComponentModel.AsyncCompletedEventArgs 

However switching to the new AutoUpdate.exe didn't fix the issue...

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Thank you @andypandy_swe ,

yes I see the issue about the certificate. If the new AutoUpdate won't help, I suggest to contact SAS Tech Support, indicating what you indicated in this thread in the Communities.

Please let us know how it goes.

CaseySmith
SAS Employee

This is a known issue that impacts everyone attempting to use Check for Updates to update to 8.2 Update 5 or later from an 8.x version prior 8.2 Update 5.

Yes, make sure you follow the instructions for the SAS Note @SASKiwi shared (https://support.sas.com/kb/66/676.html).  It is very similar to the 7.1x SAS Note you followed (https://support.sas.com/kb/61/521.html) (in both cases, you need to manually download a new AutoUpdate.exe), but one applies to 7.1x and the other applies to 8.x.  Once you have the updated AutoUpdate.exe for your EG (or AMO) version, the problem will no longer occur.

Note: You can also get to the SAS Note by clicking the "Pre-requisite Required..." link in the EG 8.x Check for Updates dialog...

CaseySmith_0-1602134627138.png

Casey

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

andypandy_swe
Obsidian | Level 7
Thank you for the reply. I got the link to the correct note from SAS tech support yesterday, forgot to notify here.

/Andy

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 4 in conversation