BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager
Greetings,

The Enterprise Guide team has made available a new task: Update Library Metadata. This task is released as an experimental feature for use with Enterprise Guide 4.1.

You can use this task to report on, add, and synchronize table and column information within SAS libraries that you have defined in metadata. Several SAS BI applications, such as SAS Information Map Studio and SAS Management Console, require that table and column information be registered in metadata before you can use it and manage it within your enterprise. This task helps you to "close the gap" between creating/modifying your data within SAS Enterprise Guide, and making it usable within your larger BI environment.

The task uses the METALIB procedure to analyze tables in the library and compare/update metadata that is registered about them.

You can download the new task at:

http://www.sas.com/apps/demosdownloads/setupcat.jsp?cat=SAS+Enterprise+Guide

You need a SAS profile to download this package.

Enjoy!

Chris
It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
4 REPLIES 4
deleted_user
Not applicable
I shall have to try again later Chris. With a 14 hours time difference, I don't often have issues retrieving material from sas.com, but four attempts have timed out.

Is there a specific privilege required for the update? I note the PDF states you can provide different credentials in the second screen, which implies this is a restricted process.

We are migrating to ESAS with EG and I want to devolve some of the more group specific activities such as library definition and metadata access from the corporate level administrator to group administrator(s) to improve response times.

Kind regards

David
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager
To update library metadata (changing table definitions and potentially creating new ones), you must have Write Metadata and Create Metadata permissions for the library in question.

When you connect to a SAS Metadata server with EG, you are authenticated as one identity that may or may not have these permissions. Because updating metadata is somewhat of an administrative function, you might need to specify credentials for a different identity -- one that has the appropriate privileges. That's what the task offers: a way to specify those credentials without having to re-authenticate as a different identity in your EG session.

Chris
It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
deleted_user
Not applicable
Thank you Chris.

Kind regards

David
Tushar
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks Chris your post help me to resolve my query....

Thanks Again... my query was below

https://communities.sas.com/message/137388#137388

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation