BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Satyakshma
Fluorite | Level 6
Hi All,

I need to write a code for optimisation problem, and as per my understanding we need either SAS/IML or SAS/OR component. None of them is a part of my current SAS setup. I have two questions regarding this:
1. Is it possible to add the SAS/OR component to our existing SAS setup.
2. Is it necessary to have SAS Stimulation Studio for SAS/OR.
3. Is there any other alternative to SAS/OR or SAS/IML to write code for optimisation problem.

Thanks,
Satyakshma Rawat
7 REPLIES 7
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26
  1. Your company or university has to pay money to SAS
  2. NO
  3. Unlikely using SAS, but since we don't really know what problems you are trying to solve, we can't be more specific
--
Paige Miller
Satyakshma
Fluorite | Level 6
Thank you for your response. Below is the link of the optimization problem statement which I posted some time back.
https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Programming/Generate-an-index-value-used-in-calculating-Predicted...

Looking forward to your response on this as I have been struggling with resolution of this problem statement for quite sometime now.

Thanks,
Satyakshma Rawat
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

Regarding your link, I never (and many people never) download and open MS Office files, as they can be a security risk. So I can't see your data.

The details provided at that link are not sufficient for me to determine what other types of coding might work. Since you say you want to minimize the sum of squares of errors, what method is being used to do this? Can you be specific? SAS has this capability in some areas. 

--
Paige Miller
Satyakshma
Fluorite | Level 6

To minimize the sum square error, we calculate the predicted values using a index value (formula for calculation of this predicted value is NORM.S.DIST(index value + zscore))  , the index value in the formula can be any random value such that the sum square error is minimum between the actual values and predicted values. Hope I am able to explain, else let me know some other way if I can share the dummy data with you.

PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

Sounds like some type of regression. Is it?

--
Paige Miller
Satyakshma
Fluorite | Level 6
regression can help in final output, but generating the index value such that when used in calculation gives minimum sum square error, is the challenge here.
Ksharp
Super User
1)Yes. But you need pay it .
2)No.
3)Try other third-side free software. Like :
Lingo
https://www.lindo.com/

MatLab

Also could try FREE sas software (SAS OnDemand for Academics).
https://welcome.oda.sas.com/login

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation