BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
sasprofile
Quartz | Level 8

Hi Friends

am trying to open  from EG a .egp project loacted in SAS EG Folders

but its throwing an error and its opening fine for all other users.

This project is recently developed by a user and using EG 5.1.

am also using EG 5.1 but not able to open it.I have full permissions.

not sure what is the issue,please help me

Error below

Unable to open file as a valid project file error

3 REPLIES 3
BeverlyBrown
Community Manager
It sounds like you might be having a problem connecting to the SAS Content Server and downloading this project. Is it just one project? Do other projects work for you?

You might need to contact SAS Technical Support for proper diagnostic tests.

Register now for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

Matt
Quartz | Level 8

I just faced the same issue today. Mid-Tier were the content server/repository is was too slow, after restarting all servers and services we are able to access all EG project.

marcospiau
Calcite | Level 5

I've had the same problem. At first I tried to follow the instructions on this note http://support.sas.com/kb/48/301.html, but without any success.

What had worked for me was the following:

- go to %temp% directory (via Run on Start menu or Windows Explorer);

- look for folders which name starts with "SEG" and are finished by a number; 

- order by "Date Modified" and search folders that have the approximated date when you could open the Project without problems. 

- search for files "code.sas" on the subfolders.

I had luck and found what I was looking for on the first folder I opened; but you can programatically (using utilities grep-like) look for files named "code.sas", or for parts of codes that you remeber of your project. 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 4 in conversation