BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
mmunozmiller
Calcite | Level 5

Hello all,

I've been using my SAS On Demand for Academics all morning and suddenly it is unable to connect to the metadata server.  At one point I accidentally had it opened twice - in one I was running programs, and the other was just sitting at the login screen.  I closed that login screen, thinking it wouldn't impact my other window in which I was already logged in and running programs. I closed out of both and tried to go back in and now it is not even asking me to login to the server, and is just automatically giving me an error that says i'm unable to connect to the metadata server.  I can't find a way to get back to the login screen where I actually connect to the server, so i'm basically just locked out entirely at this point.  Does anybody have an idea how to get to the point where I can log in again?  The sooner the better, I'm up against a deadline!

Thanks!

Michele Munoz-Miller

8 REPLIES 8
Jagadishkatam
Amethyst | Level 16

Do you see any pop up like below

Thanks,

Jag

Thanks,
Jag
mmunozmiller
Calcite | Level 5

This is actually the error message i got:

error message.png

Jagadishkatam
Amethyst | Level 16

The problem over here is we need to select the profile. As of now there is no profile selected.

Please close the pop up window and click on "No profile Selected" present at the right corner bottom area. Another pop up window will appear where you can select your profile and click set active.

This will ensure that every time you connect, the metadata server will ask for your user name and password.

Thanks,

Jag

Thanks,
Jag
mmunozmiller
Calcite | Level 5

Yes, I've tried to do that several times but that login pop-up never shows up.  It always just jumps right to that error.  Is there another way to get to that screen so I can set my profile?  Clicking on the bottom right does not work.

Thanks!

Jagadishkatam
Amethyst | Level 16

I dont know the other way, as of now in these situations i click the "No Profiles Seleted" as rounded in the image below. Then a popup window opens giving us options to add or select the existing profile and make it as active.

If this does not work , then you may take help from sas support.

Thanks,

Jag

Thanks,
Jag
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

A SAS OnDemand for Academics (SODA) (or SAS OnDemand for Professionals - SODP) server connection is slightly different from a "regular" BI Platform configuration. SODA or SODP users of SAS Enterprise Guide CANNOT change their profile. They have one profile that is "aimed at" the server that they are supposed to use for either SAS OnDemand for Academics or SAS OnDemand for Professionals. For example, the SODP server is physically located in North Carolina, there is no other server that they can connect to and no other profile that they can use, except for the one that was established when they set up their account.

The SAS OnDemand for Academics FAQ is here: 44605 - SAS® OnDemand for Academics: Commonly Asked Questions and my recommendation would be that you stop all instances of Enterprise Guide, reboot your machine, then try to start up Enterprise Guide again. It should automatically try to make a connection to the appropriate server.

cynthia

deepooenator
Calcite | Level 5

Hello Cynthia,

I have tried several times to connect to sas metadata server but am not able to. please help

Regards,

Pradeep

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

You posted a new message to a 6-month old posting. I generally don't read posts this old. The best protocol to follow is to start a new posting and just "refer" or provide the URL to this older post. If, however, you are unable to connect to your Metadata server, then you should contact your SAS Administrator, who should have the code to stop and start the Metadata and other servers. Failing that, you should open a track with Tech Support. How you fix this issue really depends on your configuration and installation.

cynthia

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation