BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Babloo
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

When I tried to connect SAS EG, I got error as attached whereas I could work on base SAS without any issues. SAS version is 9.3. AIX box is 64 bit.

Kindly shed some lights on this.

Thanks.

Note: I removed confidential information from the attachment.

SASEG_connectivity_error.png
9 REPLIES 9
SASKiwi
PROC Star

So have you "verified the following" as listed in your message?

Also please explain what you mean by "work on base SAS without any issues". Which base SAS are you refering to? One installed on your virtual PC or on your AIX server?

Babloo
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Yes, I "verified the points" from the error message.

Base SAS is installed in AIX server.

twocanbazza
Quartz | Level 8

Have you got a SAS profile defined or a SAS metadata server running?

Babloo
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Although I got a SAS profile, EG throws me the attached error as per my initial post before I supply my credentials.

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

It seems to be all there:

"The password specified for user ... has expired and needs to be changed"

Change your password on the server, using ssh or another terminal connection.

BTW, nice to know that SAS now provides a more detailed message. In 9.2, all one gets is a failed connection.

Babloo
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Password is set in such a way that it will never expire.

Babloo
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

I could login to AIX server with telnet

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Then the next tests I would make:

- verify that the username in the metadata profile is actually yours. Since EG automatically tries the last one used, the problem may be there.

- check that there are no issues with the UserID that don't manifest themselves readily. Inspect /etc/security/passwd and /etc/security/lastlog (needs root), if the server authentication is done the standard AIX way. Otherwise, check LDAP or whatever authentication provider is used.

- restart the metadata server..Sometimes it "remembers" that a userid was locked and needs to be refreshed the hard way.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation