BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
woo
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10 woo
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi guys ---

can i have some documents on UNIX PAM security? I want to know how it works...?

Thanks a lot!

4 REPLIES 4
Patrick
Opal | Level 21

What holds you back to just Google for such information?

woo
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

I thought i can find precise documents from all Genius we have here ...

Thanks!

jakarman
Barite | Level 11

The only place SAS is having documents with PAM is: http://support.sas.com/documentation/installcenter/en/ikfdtnunxcg/66380/PDF/default/config.pdf

see page 16. Pam is in the heart of in OS and getting aligned wiht those people is often very difficult.

What is happening is that all kind of processes are forked and switched in user-context (sasauth) by SAS.

This is normally the SSH (and sudo) reserved area and you are getting in troubles waters with security and OS people. SAS is bypassing SSH and Sudo.

If you are lucky to use AIX you see that IBM is not using PAM on that but instead it is using LAM.

---->-- ja karman --<-----
woo
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Thanks Jaap - that will help!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation