BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Strange_Attractor
Calcite | Level 5
I'm using Windows XP and EG 4.1. When my laptop is docked, it's set up to use a second monitor. That's usually where I display my EG instance(s) - it's bigger and brighter than the laptop monitor. When I undock, I can get EG to show up on the laptop by right-clicking the EG instance in my system bar, selecting Move, then using an arrow key (painfully won knowledge!). Then a shadow of the EG window follows my mouse and displays where I next left-click.

My problem is that some of the EG dialogs (the one that really matters for me is Filter and Query, whether new or existing) still show up in the 2nd monitor, which I can't see. Effectively, EG is "frozen" unless I know what's going on and Esc out of the dialog. I have not found any way of getting ahold of that "window" to move it onto my primary display. The effect of this is that I can't use EG reliably when undocked.

Does anyone know how I could retrieve these lost dialogs when undocked? I'd be hugely appreciated!!!!!

TIA,
Steve Raimi
4 REPLIES 4
Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
That's probably a call for tech support. I have a laptop with a separate monitor and do not have that problem.
tbatliner
Calcite | Level 5
Hi Steve,

same situation here. Only "solution" for this is to open 'Tools' - 'Options' in EGuide and then select 'Reset Docking Windows' in 'General'.

Hope that helps,
br Thomas
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager
The same thing happens to me all of the time when using Outlook. I've got two displays at work, and Outlook is on one but often I view individual messages on the other. When I remotely connect from home (one screen), Outlook displays the messages off screen.

Here's what you can do: when you know that the window with focus is off-screen, press Alt-Spacebar, then M (for Move), then use the arrow keys on your keyboard to move the window into view. I advise practicing this once or twice when you have both displays so that you get the hang of it.

Chris
It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
Strange_Attractor
Calcite | Level 5
Chris,

Perfect!!!! Thank you so much!

Steve

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation