BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Varshan_N
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello!
Ive recently installed sas Ondemand for academics:Enterprise guide but i cant see the debugger option in my software why is that ?. How to access debugger?

8 REPLIES 8
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

The free version of SAS Enterprise Guide that is tuned for use with SAS OnDemand for Academics is not the most recent version (maybe v7.1?) and might not have the Debugger feature. The feature was added in v7.13. Use Help->About to check your version.

SAS Hackathon registration is open! Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world.
Varshan_N
Fluorite | Level 6

the version of sas oda enterprise guide is 8.3 actually 

LynnP_sas
SAS Employee

You can also try the following:

• Write your code
  • Go to Program Icon and click on Editor Option
  • Check Enable Datastep Debugger and then click OK.

If the issue is that the icon is not showing, then you will have a quick workaround if the version you have supports the debugger.  

Varshan_N
Fluorite | Level 6

yeah ive checked the datastep debugger option in the editor option. After that what do i need to do to?

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

I have some recorded sessions that show how to use the debugger. Remember it supports just DATA step, not other SAS procedures or SAS macro code.

ChrisHemedinger_0-1703166716279.png

SAS Hackathon registration is open! Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world.
Varshan_N
Fluorite | Level 6

Actually, that debugger icon is not showing in my sas oda enterprise guide toolbar. Is there any restrictions for sas oda users?. Also i've noticed that you're using "local" server but in my case I have only one server named "SASApp"  

LynnP_sas
SAS Employee

Did you check the release you are using, as Chris suggested in his first response?  Your version might not support the debugger.  

Varshan_N
Fluorite | Level 6
Yeah, I did. It is 8.3 actually. Debugger option supports from 7.13 onwards.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 3 in conversation