BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Cherry
Obsidian | Level 7

The code ran successfully on PC sas 9.1 remote submitting to Unix ,where as it is throwing error while running it on EG 4.3 remote submitting to Unix, while uploading a file on to DB2. Can anybody assist me.

libname temp db2 user=&dpwuscod. using=&dpwpwcod. db=&dpwdbnam. schema=temp;

libname min '/user/analytics/projects/2011/BR_2011/Test';

data sample;

set min.sale_30(keep=ip_id_cust obs=100);

run;

%let prefix = %upcase(%sysfunc(compress(&dpwuscod., "'"'"')))_;

proc datasets nolist force;

append base= temp.sample2

(bulkload=yes bl_load_replace=YES bl_method=cliload bl_recoverable=NO

dbcommit=100000)

data = sample;

run;

quit;

Error Message:

ERROR: CLI execute error: [IBM][CLI Driver][DB2/AIX64] SQL3025N  A parameter specifying a filename or path is not valid.

NOTE: There were 1 observations read from the data set WORK.SAMPLE.

NOTE: The data set TEMP.SAMPLE2 has 0 observations and 1 variables.

ERROR: [IBM][CLI Driver][DB2/AIX64] SQL3025N  A parameter specifying a filename or path is not valid.

Results for CLI LOAD operation:

0 rows loaded.

0 rows skipped.

0 rows rejected.

0 rows deleted as duplicates.

0 rows committed.

5 REPLIES 5
Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

my guess is that the macro variables in your TEMP LIBNAME are not resolving the way they did before.  Try

OPTIONS MPRINT:

so you can see them.

Are you using an autoexec.sas file on your pure unix runs?  It will not be picked up automatically in the EGuide interface.  You would need to run it explicitly with the EGuide code (you can do it in tools --> options).

Doc Muhlbaier

Duke

Cherry
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

1.I have tried as per your advise, macro variables are resolving correctly,

2.Ran autoexec.sas explicitly as per your suggestion.

But still getting the same error. Any other advise?.

Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

The EG programm will be submitted to a SAS server.  Most likely the SAS server is not setup properly to access the DB2 database.  If access to DB2 is anything like access to Oracle there are probably environment variables or search paths that need to be set in the unix shell before the server is launched.

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

I second this response.  EG is connecting to a SAS Workspace Server, as configured in SAS Management Console.  It's possible that the command/script/options are different/incomplete for this configuration, when compared to those option that you had previously set for a SAS/CONNECT session.

Chris

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
Ksharp
Super User

I am not quit sure. But your libname statement should be:

libname temp db2 user=&dpwuscod. password=&dpwpwcod. dsn=&dpwdbnam. schema=TEMP;

libname min v9 '/user/analytics/projects/2011/BR_2011/Test/';

Ksharp

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 5 in conversation