BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
elwayfan446
Barite | Level 11

I have tried to research a way to temporarily disable tasks in my project flow in order to run the flow without those particular tasks.  I have not found where I can do this.  Is there a way?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Have you looked at the Ordered List feature?  You can select just the tasks that you want to run (across one or more flows) and run them as a "batch", skipping over the tasks that you don't want to run.

To get started, select File->New->Ordered List.

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Have you looked at the Ordered List feature?  You can select just the tasks that you want to run (across one or more flows) and run them as a "batch", skipping over the tasks that you don't want to run.

To get started, select File->New->Ordered List.

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
elwayfan446
Barite | Level 11

Good call.  I hadn't thought of using that.  I mainly want to do this for development purposes so this should work well.  Thank you!

Rodcjones
Obsidian | Level 7

This was a great find for me. Even though the thread is closed, I wanted to add in case other searchers end up here. In newer versions of Enterprise Guide the instructions are different. I am pasting this from the Help section of version 7.13 HF3:

You can create a list of tasks and programs in the current project that can be run in the order that you choose. You can select objects from more than one process flow. In this way, you can group objects without changing their positions in process flows or their relationships to other objects. Each ordered list is available from the recently viewed items button at the top left of the workspace and in the project tree.

To create an ordered list of tasks and programs
Select FileThen NewThen Ordered List.

In the Ordered List window, click Add to display the tasks and programs that are in the current project.

Select one or more items and click OK to add them to the ordered list.

To change the position of an item in the list order, select the item in the Ordered List window and click Up or Down.

To remove an item from the list, select the item and click Remove.

When the list is complete, click Run to run the tasks and programs in the list, or click Save to save the list.

elwayfan446
Barite | Level 11
Thanks for the add. I am about to upgrade to 7.1.3 as well. Have you figured out how to use this feature to "disable" or skip tasks in the flow if you don't need them to run? Do you have to put everything in the process flow in the grouped list?

Rodcjones
Obsidian | Level 7
I have only a tiny bit of experience so far, but I only added the tasks/programs that I wanted to run and it executed successfully. So it seems you don't have to add everything into the ordered list.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation