BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
DanieleTiles
Calcite | Level 5
Hi to all,
we're working with Enterprise Guide 4.1, on a SAS EBI 9.1.3...in this version, unfortunately, it's still not possible to (at least) group by some variables when selecting an information, or to select from a prompt before...since we're talking of millions of rows, and the users want to be able to select just the object needed, we have been thinking about to make a simple stored process that prompts the user with some prompts, and then has got the dataset inside the project...possibly, in the work libname.
However, we haven't been able to do so...any idea how to do it? Has anyone approached this problem in any other way?
Thanks

Daniele
3 REPLIES 3
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Have you considered using a stored process linked to an information map in order to provide data to the information map??? When you couple this ability with the ability to put a predefined filter on an information map, this might come close to what you want to do.

cynthia
DanieleTiles
Calcite | Level 5
Hi Cynthia,
well...I've been thinking about it, but have found a bit of problems using a stored process linked to an information map in EG (in other words: it doesn't work smoothly as it does in Web Report Studio...it doesn't call the stored process before the information map in eg).
Adrian_Mc
Calcite | Level 5
Hi Daniele,

I'm not sure if I understand what you're trying to do, but I think it sounds similar to a problem we had in the past. Our solution was to develop an add-in for Enterprise Guide that let the user choose what information they want, in a hierarchical fashion. It depends on have some pre-existing tables, to make the search faster for the user. So for instance, the user might click on a button that lists all the production sites in our company, then the one(s) they choose is used as part of a filter when displaying the next type of info, which for us would be a list of the process flows running at that site. When the user selects some process flows, they get used in the next level of the filter and so on.
Finally when the user has specified everything they need to identify the type of data they want, they hit the 'Run' button and the data is retrieved. Sorry if this doesn't help.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation