BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
RussellAlmeida
Calcite | Level 5
Hi,

I have developed a program which generates a PDF report using the PROD REPORT and ODS PDF Statement.

I want to create a stored process and deploy it on the portal for the end users to execute and see the report.

I do the following.
1) Right click on the empty space in the EG Project and select "Create Stored Process".
2) It walks me thru the wizard asking for parameters and the server where it will be run.
3) One screen asks for Streaming Output- I select this option and create the stored process.
4) I log on to the stored process explorer, and click on the stored process i have created.
5) It asks me for the parameters, i key in the paratmeter, go to the advance menu and select PDF as the output method.

When i run the stored process the stored process is run successfully but the report does not open.

Anything that i migth be missing.

SAS : 9.1.3

Regards
Russell
4 REPLIES 4
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager
I think you want to use the transient/package as the output type.

Streaming is more useful for HTML output, similar to classic SAS/IntrNet applications that use _WEBOUT.

Chris
It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
Another point to keep in mind is that while you can create the stored process and run the stored process in EG to get PDF results, you may not be able to get PDF results in all the various client applications.

For example, if you run your stored process in PowerPoint or Web Report Studio, those client applications can only "receive" SASReport XML output from stored processes.

If you use EG or the Information Delivery Portal or the SAS Stored Process Web Application to run your stored process, then you can receive PDF results with those client applications.

If you use the SAS Stored Process Web Application to run your stored process, you may need to use the STPSRV_HEADER function to tell the SPWA that you are returning PDF results to the browser.

As long as your stored process is executed in EG, however, you should be OK getting PDF results. Changing the result type to transient, as Chris recommends is a good idea. (But even with transient output, I do not believe you can receive PDF results from a stored process in PowerPoint or Web Report Studio.)

cynthia
RussellAlmeida
Calcite | Level 5
Hi,

My requirement was to create the stored process and publish on the web thru IDP. I have been successful in doing so.

Now i have the stored processes in the IDP, the user when clicks the link is presented with the same interface as with the Stored Process Explorer.

How do i supress the advance menu.

Regards
Russell
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
I'm not sure what you mean by "advance menu", but if you mean the form which prompts the users for information about the stored process, this Tech Support article has information on how to suppress the execution options:
http://support.sas.com/techsup/technote/ts764.pdf

cynthia

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation