BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
TashaBee
Fluorite | Level 6

I am working on creating a state map chart in Enterprise Guide. The map is reversing the West and East of the state that I am selecting.

Any pointers on what I can do to change this in EG?

Thanks,

4 REPLIES 4
ballardw
Super User

The basic change would likely be to change the sign of all of the X coordinates in the data. Without knowing how you got there, projection or other manipulation, other possibilities may exist.

TashaBee
Fluorite | Level 6

Thank you for the reply. I am used Map Chart while in the Query that I want to use the for the response data source and mapsas.counties for the map data source. The later dataset contains the coordinates, would I have to modify this datasets?

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

You might want to check this paper for some guidance and examples.  It also includes links to other resources.

Easier than You Think: Creating Maps with SAS® Enterprise Guide® by Stephanie Thompson

http://support.sas.com/resources/papers/proceedings11/311-2011.pdf

Chris

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
TashaBee
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks Chris! I am able to create the map, but my coordinates are not coming out correctly. Basicly, I need to flip the coordinates. I am using Enterprise Guide to create the map with mapsas.counties for the map data source. My East and West are reveresed. I am trying to figure out how to correct this.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation