BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Fredarve
Calcite | Level 5
Hi!

As a keen SAS EG user, there is one subject that i know have the potential to greatly simplyfy my work.

I often have one big dataset with data per month. Generally I need to join data from two months, e.g to look at changes over a 12 month-periods. I also have to repeat this query for several periods to have complete statistics.

Now i do this by making two separete queries from the dataset, with filter on each of the months i need to join. Then i join them back and look at differences etc between the two.

When i need to do this for say, 24 running 12 month-periods, it is a lot of entering queries and changing filters. Add a big dataset and this takes some time. Is there e.g. a little code that i can run, so i can enter "month 1" and "month 2" in a "pop up window" and then set up my logic from there? Or maybe even simpler ways to do this.

As you probably understand, i am not much into SAS coding myself.

An additional question: When i export dates from SAS EG to excel they are not recogniced by excel as dates (Norwegian version), and they end up like this 9/11/2006 12:00:00 AM, with a time stamp that i do not want or need, and it confuses excel thoroughly.

Any good ideas will be mostly appreciated!

Regards Fred Arve
3 REPLIES 3
Jay
Calcite | Level 5 Jay
Calcite | Level 5
If you are using EG 4.2, with in the query builder there is an icon labeled "prompt manager". This will build your prompt window. How to use it is straight forward and the help documentation is pretty good.

The date/time problem, every time I have encountered similar problems I had to fix it from the XL side i.e. it really isn't a SAS problem it's an XL problem.
Fredarve
Calcite | Level 5
Thanks Jay, we are still on 4.1 here, but i hope 4.2 will show up soon. Seems it has exactly what i was looking for.
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager
Prompts are in 4.1, as "parameters". See the Tools->Macro (Parameters) Manager item.

You can then use these parameters in the query definition as part of your filter.

Chris
It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation