BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
DPrebble
Calcite | Level 5

Am I missing something here?  I feel like this is easy, but I can't figure out how to do it...

Say I build a cube (using OLAP Cube Studio) with a date dimension – I’ve selected a sas format of ‘yymmn6.’ (ie. yyyymm) for display purposes.

A user opens up the cube and decides for his report, he would prefer the date to show in a different format.  Whatever it is – say, date9….  How would the user go about changing that?  

5 REPLIES 5
RSB
Calcite | Level 5 RSB
Calcite | Level 5

Which tool are you referring to  when you say 'user opens up the cube ..'

RSB
Calcite | Level 5 RSB
Calcite | Level 5

I guess You can create a calculated member from an existing member and while creating you can apply a format on It. Or you can slice a cube into a sas dataset and apply the format on the dataset.

AngelaHall
SAS Employee

If you navigate to the view you are interested in from EG Cube Viewer, you can create a slice that outputs that view to a work data table. Then the formats/reports/etc can be customized using a query builder or other task off of that data table.

A sample of this is discussed in the SAS Global Forum paper: http://www2.sas.com/proceedings/forum2008/044-2008.pdf on page 8.

~ Angela Hall

http://blogs.sas.com/content/bi

jch
Calcite | Level 5 jch
Calcite | Level 5

I don't believe you are able to choose another format, than those used when creating the cube. So you have to make Member Properties in Olap Cube Studio where you define other formats. In EG when using then cube, you can then choose "show member properties" and select one of the other defined formats. RSBs answer is correct as well, but I believe Member Properties are more useful because you don't create more members (variables).

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation