BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
SASdevAnneMarie
Barite | Level 11

Hello Experts,

I'm wondering how to to schedule the task in SAS EG 8.3, I can't find this icon :

SASdevAnneMarie_0-1719580480054.png

Thank you for your help !

7 REPLIES 7
ChrisNZ
Tourmaline | Level 20
Moved post to Enterprise Guide forum.
MarkAllemang
SAS Employee

Does the trigger page show when you open the scheduler directly from Windows?

Type "schedule" in the start menu search and open the scheduler. Then click to "Create Task..." (not Create Basic Task.)

If that scheduler instance does have the trigger page, then that suggests something odd is happening when EG opens the scheduler. 

If that scheduler instance does NOT have the trigger page, then check with your Windows System admin. There may be an OS setting or permission that is blocking your access.

Thanks

Mark Allemang

AlanC
Barite | Level 11

You can also schedule using PowerShell.

Scripts can be seen here: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/42801733/creating-a-scheduled-task-which-uses-a-specific-event-l...

If you don't have security, PowerShell should tell you directly. 

https://github.com/savian-net
SASdevAnneMarie
Barite | Level 11

Thank you, but I would like to shedule the task in EG like this :

SASdevAnneMarie_0-1720964341659.png

I, actually, can't find this :

SASdevAnneMarie_0-1720965427590.png

SASdevAnneMarie
Barite | Level 11
Thank you, Mark.
When I'm openning the scheduler directly from Windows I see the trigger.
I can't find this trigger directly in EG 8.3, do I need to contact my SAS admin for reinstalltion ?
MarkAllemang
SAS Employee
I recommend:

Opening a support track with SAS Tech Support
Include an EG log file of a session where you try to create/modify a job and the trigger page is missing.

Until a cause and resolution are found, I think you will need to create the job in EG, and then edit the trigger directly in the Windows Scheduler. When scheduling a job, EG just opens the Windows scheduler. So, it is very puzzling that the Trigger tab is not shown in both cases.

Thanks
Mark Allemang
SASdevAnneMarie
Barite | Level 11

Thank you, Mark, for your answer.

How " to create the job in EG, and then edit the trigger directly in the Windows Scheduler. When scheduling a job, EG just opens the Windows scheduler. " ?

I would like to schedule the task like in this video :Utilisation des fonctionnalités de planification de SAS Enterprise Guide - SAS Video Portal

But I don't have this possibility any more : 

SASdevAnneMarie_1-1721121915773.png

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 16. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 4 in conversation