BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Ian_A
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

Does anyone know if its possible to change the default locale at the point when Enterprise Guide is initialised? This appears to be easy to do when connecting to a 'Local' server is it can be controlled by the main SAS Foundation config/autoexec file. This setting does not appear to be honoured however when connecting through a metadata server. I have tried adding the LOCALE option to the SASApp and Workspace server autoexec/config files to no avail (bouncing the object spawner in the process). Each time Enterprise Guide is initialised it defaults to EN_US regardless of any other settings. I know this can be configured on the client side as an option set whenever EG connects to a server. The preference would be to control this from the server if possible.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Ian,

I can't think of an easy way to force the EG locale behavior from the client, other than use of the shortcut method I described.

But you can use OPTIONS LOCALE= in a startup set of statements, as you mentioned.

Chris

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Ian,

You can try setting up a different shortcut for EG that specifies a specific locale/culture code.  For example:

SEGuide.exe /culture:it

Will launch EG with Italian culture settings.  When you connect to SAS, the LOCALE option should be set to Italian unless there is an initialization statement in the SAS autoexec to change that.

Note that you don't actually need the language-specific content to be installed for EG to use this option.  If you specify a culture code for a language that you don't have installed, the EG user interface will show in English.  But culture-specific behaviors (such as date style) will still be used.

Chris

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
Ian_A
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks for the solution Chris, much appreciated.

The only issue we have is that with EG being deployed across a reasonable sized user base, we would have to implement this solution for each client. Is there anything we can do from the server tier which would force EG to open with a locale other than EN_US? If there is a way of doing this then that would be the preference here, otherwise we will look at using culture settings or even setting the locale as an option submitted whenever EG connects to a server.

Thanks,

Ian

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Ian,

I can't think of an easy way to force the EG locale behavior from the client, other than use of the shortcut method I described.

But you can use OPTIONS LOCALE= in a startup set of statements, as you mentioned.

Chris

Ian_A
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks Chris, will give one of those options a go.

Ian

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation