BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
MariaD
Barite | Level 11

Hi Folks,

I have two server defined on SAS Management Console. Some users has access to one of them and other users to the other one.

When user open SAS EG the two servers appears under Server but he has only access for one of it. There is any way that only show the server that the user has access on SAS EG? In both servers the SASUSERS group has deny access.

Regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
CaseySmith
SAS Employee

Hi @MariaD,

You should be able to hide the server from the users you do not want them to access by removing the ReadMetadata permission (in SAS Management Console) for the server for that set of users.

Here is documentation:
https://go.documentation.sas.com/?docsetId=bisecag&docsetVersion=9.4&docsetTarget=n0yyoz2xxf0ti4n1ou...

Casey

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
CaseySmith
SAS Employee

Hi @MariaD,

You should be able to hide the server from the users you do not want them to access by removing the ReadMetadata permission (in SAS Management Console) for the server for that set of users.

Here is documentation:
https://go.documentation.sas.com/?docsetId=bisecag&docsetVersion=9.4&docsetTarget=n0yyoz2xxf0ti4n1ou...

Casey

MariaD
Barite | Level 11

HI @CaseySmith,

In fact, on SASApp_1 server, under authorization, I have:

- SASUSERS, deny all;

- SAS System Services, grant all;

- SAS Administrator, grant all;

- Group_1, deny ReadMetadata and deny Administer;

- PUBLIC, deny all.

And on SASApp_2 server,  I have:

- SASUSERS, deny all;

- SAS System Services, grant all;

- SAS Administrator, grant all;

- Group_2, deny ReadMetadata and deny Administer;

- PUBLIC, deny all.

But when I login on SAS EG with a user has included on Group_2, I see SASApp_1 and SASApp_2 under servers. 

Regards,

CaseySmith
SAS Employee

I would have expected that to get the job done.  Only other things I can think to check...

-Ensure the user (who you said is a member of Group_2) is not also directly or indirectly a member of another group that is granted ReadMetadata.
-Ensure the Use Server Access Security check box on the logical servers' Options tab is selected.

If still not working, I suggest contacting SAS Tech Support.  They should be able to help you get it configured.

Casey

MariaD
Barite | Level 11

Hi @CaseySmith

Remove the user from the group and I added again and now is working.

Thanks!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation