BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi

I'm a student w/ Enterprise Miner on my pc. When I try to start a new project and enter info and click ok I get "Server Error: Could not connect to server" error message. Any ideas?

Thanks
2 REPLIES 2
deleted_user
Not applicable
There are quite a few questions that need to be answered to address this issue. Has it ever worked? If not, then initial configuration is a possible issue. Otherwise, what has changed since it last worked?

In looking at the configuration, the devil is in the detail, and if you are using a remote server then connectivity, permissions, server configuration, client configuration and so on become significant.

I believe you are better off contacting Technical Support where they can speak to you and walk you through their tried and true process for handling errors of this type.
Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
Tech support is the place. Since you have a clear error message, my first approach is to go to the tech support web site (support.sas.com) and search for

"enterprise guide" ""

as

"enterprise guide" "could not connect to server"

That approach can get you a long way to self support (especially late at night), and back to doing the task at hand.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation