BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Stew
Calcite | Level 5
I was previously using Office 2007 and could Send the output from a SAS procedure to excel. I just upgraded to Office 2010 and now get an error message:- ...add-in not installed or enabled, I note that only one of the add-ins that were active in excel 2007 came over into Excel 2010 active add-in list. Further, re the one that was in the inactive list there was a run-time error when I tried to activate it. I also tried adding the dll files from the folder where the excel dll used by excel 2007 are located.
What should I do to be able to Send reports to excel 2010 like I used to do in 2007
3 REPLIES 3
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager
You might try the SwitcherUtility, which allows you to activate the add-in for particular Office clients:

http://support.sas.com/kb/38/700.html

Chris
It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
Stew
Calcite | Level 5
OK, tried that and selected Excel. However, the excel add-in remains in the inactive section of Excel add-ins. N.B. A SAS OLapviewer COM add-in is in the activated add-ins from the conversion to Office 2010. Now, whether or not I de-activate the OLapviewer add-in, when I select the SAS Add-in4.3 for Microsoft Office to activate I get the following error

"Load Behavior: Not Loaded. A run time error occurred during the loading of the CON Add-in"

and it won't activate the excel add-in.
Could it be that the add-in has been corrupted in the upgrade to Office 2010.
[re my first post, the other add-in that I saw in my 2007 list of add-ins was OfficeAddin.LOader.dll]
Finally, I do not see the SAS menu in excel 2010, unlike in 2007
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager
This sounds like an issue that you should follow up with SAS Technical Support.

I suspect that it will require an uninstall of the SAS Add-in, and then a reinstall. During installation the SAS Add-In is registered with MS Office and with the OS on a couple of different levels. While it might be possible to fix it "in place" without re-installing, re-installing might be the quickest path to resolving this.

Chris
It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation