BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
matt23
Quartz | Level 8

Hi,

I was asked to do sensitivity analysis for my simple linear regression models but I do not know how.

If I have my simple PROC REG code

PROC REG data=dataname;
model Y=X;
run;

and I get my results. Is there anything I need to look at specifically for sensitivity or is there another procedure that would give me the sensitivity?

5 REPLIES 5
matt23
Quartz | Level 8

Would sensitivity just mean the coefficient for the variable ?

PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

@matt23 wrote:

That's a reasonable understanding of the meaning of the word "sensitivity", but there are other reasonable meanings, and you need to clarify what is meant by "sensitivity" before actually doing the analysis.

--
Paige Miller
Reeza
Super User

Sensitivity and specificity are statistical terms but would not apply to a linear regression with the standard model. Logistic regression would include a sensitivity analysis.

A more detailed description of your problem is required.

@matt23 wrote:

Likely not.

Statistical definition

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sensitivity_and_specificity

That being said, sensitivity analysis is a different topic which could possibly be what you're looking for here?

matt23
Quartz | Level 8

I'm not trying to argue as I have no idea but I found this on wikipedia:

Regression analysis, in the context of sensitivity analysis, involves fitting a linear regression to the model response and using standardized regression coefficients as direct measures of sensitivity. 

PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

Someone asked you to do a sensitivity analysis. Until we know what that meant (and you know what that meant), there is no possibility of providing you an answer. Go back to the person who asked, and try to find out what was meant.

--
Paige Miller

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 3 in conversation