BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
fredmayer23
Fluorite | Level 6

Has anyone developed a .dll that can bring up in EG a second HELP.chm tool?   Got word from Tech Support the other day HOW to add it to the EG 7.1 Menu system, by altering the .config file,  and now I see the option appearing in my Menus.  But the next step is to build a custom tool that brings up a popup window to allow me to reference my newly minted Help.chm file.  As good as Chris Hemedinger is, he just can't bring a Luddite like me over the finish line.  I'm having troubles with the VB sample I downloaded from his examples compiling in Visual Studio.

Has anyone tried this before, and has a Custom Tool they would like to share?

2 REPLIES 2
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Hi @fredmayer23 - don't give up on me yet!

Is your CHM file something that you built for your users?  And you just want to launch it from the EG menu?  A sample command might be:

%windir%\hh.exe "path-to-your-CHM\help.chm"

Chris

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
fredmayer23
Fluorite | Level 6

After shuffling between versions of Microsoft Visual Studio and the SAS libraries, I was able to get one of the samples to compile!  then I set out to swap out existing code for my own, and Land o Goshan,  I have it running the way I want. 

Now, on to other ideas for tasks that can be automated with a custom tool.  Thanks for all the help!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation