BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
marilyn934
Calcite | Level 5
I guess I have to create a macro or something, but I want to build a stored procedure or model so that the user can search through up to 10 years worth of purchase card data for a merchant name. Can someone help me get started on how to do this? I also have to pull the card holder name from another list of tables...
2 REPLIES 2
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
I'm not sure what you mean by a "stored procedure or model". In SAS Enterprise Guide, if you design a project, with a Query to extract data, you could use the Parameter Manager to prompt users for the year or the merchant or both.

SAS does not have "stored procedures" such as RDBMS systems have. However, SAS does have "stored processes" which work within the context of the SAS Platform for Business Analytics to allow multiple Platform clients (including EG) to run stored processes (which are SAS programs that are registered in the metadata and can also have parameters or prompts to control the program output.)

Many SAS Statistical procedures use a MODEL statement -- I am not sure what you mean by "model" in your question.

Perhaps if you could explain a bit more about how you are using EG and SAS (local EG and local SAS; local EG and SAS on a Server; EG as part of the BI Platform -- with the BI Server or Enterprise BI Server configuration) and where your data is coming from ("flat" file; regular SAS dataset; other external file; SAS dataset defined in the BI Platform Metadata; other SAS datasource (such as an Oracle table, Sybase table, etc), it would be possible for someone to get you pointed in the right direction.

cynthia
SPR
Quartz | Level 8 SPR
Quartz | Level 8
Hello Marilyn934,

I you could also supply an example of input data and desired output then the advice will be more specific.

Sincerely,
SPR

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation