BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Reeza
Super User
Is it possibly this is an intermediate column that gets renamed/recoded later on and then dropped? Are all your intermediate tables stored in your jobs/processes?
Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

@jozumhannes wrote:

I found a column in DI Studio. But in the DI Studio, you can not see in which dataset this column is used. So, thats why, I want to find the dataset in which this column is used.

Just for my information: Is by variable meant column?

And @Tom: I tried your Code. I think you understood me. But this Code doesnt work, I am getting following in the Log:
*NOTE: Table WORK.FOUND created, with 0 rows and 18 columns.*

And another question would be: I have many libraries. I dont know which one to take. Is there a way in which SAS goes through all the libraries?

Not sure about how DI studio works.  If you want to check for variable names in datasets then you need access to the datasets.  PROC CONTENTS works on either a single dataset or a single library of datasets.  But the DICTIONARY.COLUMNS metadata table (which you also see as SASHELP.COLUMN view) has the variable names of all of the datasets in all of the currently active libraries.  So as long as your SAS session has access to all of the libraries you wont to search you can use that.

proc sql;
create table want as
select libname,memname,name,type,length,format,informat,label
from dictionary.columns
where upcase(name)="MYVAR"
;
quit;

You will get 0 observations if no matches are found.

NOTE:  A report or some data integration step might USE a variable, but a dataset just HAS variables.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 16 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 8 in conversation