BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
t30
Fluorite | Level 6 t30
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi 

I'm looking at ways to automate some weekly SAS scripts. Currently it needs human intervention on a weekly basis which is kinda redundant and boring.

One of the methods I found require the use of Connection if I were to use SAS EG as below

egc.PNG

However when I open my SAS EG, such option is not available as below

sasegm.png

Would it be possible to enable this? If not probably it's not part of the license.

What other options do I have? I also looked into 'Task Scheduler' but this requires admin right, so it's not an option.

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

The connection profiles have nothing to do with scheduling, they just define your access to a metadata server.

Since you work locally, you have to use the Windows scheduler.

t30
Fluorite | Level 6 t30
Fluorite | Level 6
Most of the tables are not locally hosted though, so yeah, I think I still need that connection profile. Is there a reason why my version has no connection profile available?
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Connection profiles are only relevant if you are working with a remote SAS server. EG will also work with local SAS on your PC in which case no profile is required.

This SAS note explains how to schedule in EG: http://support.sas.com/kb/56/648.html

You may also want to consider using SAS server-based scheduling which is available in SAS Management Console. This is the most reliable way to do it.

t30
Fluorite | Level 6 t30
Fluorite | Level 6
Yes, I'm working with both local SAS and remote SAS server, back and forth. Typically because the SAS server has access to the data lake.

Problem is, even if the connection is relevant, I can't find the option there.
SASKiwi
PROC Star

The scheduling option? You can find it on the EG File menu ==> Schedule Project. 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation