BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
shl007
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello - I'm scheduling an .egp file through Enterprise Guide using the scheduling feature (integrated with Windows' Task Scheduler). I'm on Windows 10 (64-bit) and using Enterprise Guide 7.15. I schedule the project using File >> Schedule. I select the option to "Run only when user is logged on." The Windows Task scheduler showed it was queued to run 2 AM the next morning. That's today, and I don't see it ran (no log files generated and no datasets updated). Any ideas where else to look? The Windows Task scheduler says it is queued for the next morning 2 AM. So while that is good, it isn't good that nothing ran. Frustrating!

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
CaseySmith
SAS Employee

I recommend following these steps (run the VBScript file manually) to debug...

1. Open Windows Task Scheduler and locate the scheduled task that is supposed to run your project (ex. "Schedule - <projectName>").
  2. Click the Actions tab of the scheduled task and note (copy or write down) the "Start a program" command.
    (For 64-bit EG, it will be something like "<fullPathToFile>\EGScript1.vbs" and for 32-bit EG something like "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\cscript.exe "<fullPathToFile>\EGScript6.vbs"".)
  3. Locate the referenced EGScript.vbs file and open it in a text editor.
  4. Scroll to the bottom of the file and remove the first single-quote at the beginning of this line to uncomment it:
    'MsgBox strmsg  'Uncomment this line if you want to be notified via MessageBox of Errors in the script.
  5. Save and close the EGScript.vbs file.
  6. Open a Windows Command window (type "cmd" in the Windows Run window).
  7. Run the exact command you noted in the scheduled task.

If the script fails, a message box should then appear with hopefully more useful information.  If the script runs manually with no problems, then it is likely an issue with the scheduled task.

Casey

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

shl007
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks for your feedback. I found by clicking Properties in the Windows Task Scheduler, that it wasn't enabled (for some reason). I enabled it. That did the trick.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation