BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
szschem
Fluorite | Level 6

The default setting for a scheduling a process in EG 6.1 (64 bit) fails if your process is stored on a network drive. 

Scheduling a process creates a Windows task in the Task Scheduler.  However, the default setting for a new task are to "Run whether user is logged on or not" (in the General tab of the task properties in the Windows Task Scheduler), and to not store the password (which means task will only have access to local computer resources).  With these setting the task runs only with local resources, even if the user is logged in at the time. Setting the task to "Run only when user is logged on" resolves the issue.

Microsoft says the error code translates to "ERROR_DIRECTORY" in article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2452723.

1 REPLY 1
AmitSingh
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks for the post. My requirement is very close to this post. 

I would like to schedule the SAS projects/Process from SAS server. And projects are placed at Network drive. We have a specific windows user "sas_schduler" through which network drive can be accesible. Now if I choose option "Run whether user is logged on or not" then schedule will not run when user "sas_schduler" is not logged in. If I donot choose this option then task scheduler gets failed with same error code you mentioned 2147942667. 

Do you have some other solution for this problem?

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation