BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
I have difficaulty to run my schedule process. I set a schedule for a process flow , then save it, but at the time I set in schedule nothing happens.
After I saved my project what should I do? Am I missing somthing?
Thanks,
Ardalan
4 REPLIES 4
deleted_user
Not applicable
Let me be clear on this:

. You create a process flow

. You test the process flow and it runs as you expect.

. You right click on the Project Designer and select 'Schedule process Flow".

.You end up in the Windows Scheduler and you define the date and time for running the process.

. After this time has passed, you don't find the updated results.

If you have done all this, then go back into the Scheduled tasks window (in Control panel) and check the "Last run time" and "Last result". If it did not run when you expected, then it didn't schedule correctly. If the result is other than "0x0" then it ran but failed to some degree.

In the first case, look again at the schedule and correct that.

In the latter case, open the project and look at the project explorer, identifying any steps with warnings (the exclamation marks) or errors (the red circles with a cross). Correct your code and try again.

To be sure of what your scheduler is doing, you might also check the scheduler log. You can open it from the scheduler "Advanced / View logs". Be warned that the data is limited, and I have never been able to find any reference as to the meaning of "0x0" in the context of the Windows task scheduler. (Oh for Unix!!!).

A fairly detailed discussion of scheduling Enterprise Guide projects, albeit from V2, was provided in a SUGI paper you'll find on Support.sas.com. It's called "Guiding your enterprise with Enterprise Guide".

Kind regards

David
deleted_user
Not applicable
Thanks that whas very helpful, I missed one part which is going to Windows Scheduler, never mentioned this in help menu, thanks again.
deleted_user
Not applicable
I didn't actually tell you to go to the Windows Scheduler when you were setting up the job. I said "You right click on the Project Designer and select 'Schedule process Flow'. .You end up in the Windows Scheduler "

Enterprise Guide has always taken me to the Windows Scheduler when I have selected the "Schedule process Flow" option.

That's why there is no instruction in the Help file to tell you to go there. Manually opening the scheduler is a maintenance task after the job has been scheduled.

If Enterprise Guide is not taking you there, then I suggest you speak with Technical Support since there may be a misconfiguration. Be aware too that the Windows Scheduler is a function of Windows that requires permissions at or above "Power user". If you are a standard user of the operating system, then you are unlikely to even get to the scheduler, or be able to add, edit or delete jobs.

Kind regards

David
SASDump
Calcite | Level 5
In addition to the question above, i would like to ask ..how to preset the user name and password when the scheduler run sas program which require server credential...i have reference to the guide in : http://support.sas.com/kb/30/917.html
but it still keep the prompt for credential open...please advise! thanks!

Dummy

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation