BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
pedrammobedi
Quartz | Level 8

I am connected using ODBC to a database table and I am loading that table into SAS Enterpside Guide.

What I want to do is to save the table content as a SAS data set but in Visual Analytics AUTOLOAD folder. It is apparently saved in the WORK library with my current settings which does not serve my purpose.

Capture.PNG

So I guess I can split my problem into two questions:

1. How can I create a dataset from the query?
  2. How can I save this dataset in a folder I want and not the WORK library?

Thanks in advance but please do not answer with general statements.

4 REPLIES 4
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hi @pedrammobedi, I believe your questions are being answered on a different post. Maybe it would be interesting if you refer to the links on the other posts and mention if the question is solved or not 😉

pedrammobedi
Quartz | Level 8
This question is not solved. But if I get an answer on my other question, I can remove this one since my problem is very near a solution thanks to you.
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Copying a dataset to the SAS VA Autoload folder is as simple as putting it here  - please note this is the default location for Windows so it may be different for you.

\SAS\Config\Lev1\AppData\SASVisualAnalytics\VisualAnalyticsAdministrator\ AutoLoad

A simple SAS program can move it there:

libname autoload "\\MySASVAServer\SAS\Config\Lev1\AppData\SASVisualAnalytics\VisualAnalyticsAdministrator\
AutoLoad";

data autoload.MyTable;
  set MyTable;
run;

pedrammobedi
Quartz | Level 8
Thanks and sorry for the delay. Let me try this and come back to you.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation