BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Jaheuk
Obsidian | Level 7
dear all,
in a normal SAS session i use code below:
FILENAME RLINK 'c:\data\sas\tcpip\tcpaxa.SCR';
OPTIONS COMAMID=TCP REMOTE=PRDSYS;
SIGNON;

IF i put this code in a 'program' in an eGuide project, it does NOT work (=ask for userid & passw) !!
IS this not possible in eGuide??

Regards,
Herman
4 REPLIES 4
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
This could work if you run it when EG is using a local SAS installation as a server.
Chances are that your site prefers that you work directly with mainframe SAS. In this case, your EG session should login via a SAS metadata server, and your code will run in a SAS workspace server, on the mainframe.
I suggest that you contact your SAS admin on the mainframe for connection details.

/Linus
Data never sleeps
SASKiwi
PROC Star
Please confirm if your SAS signon program is being run on the same SAS server or not for both the "normal SAS session" and your EGP version. If you are not running this program on the same servers then you could get different results.
TomKari
Onyx | Level 15
I'm not very knowledgeable on this but my colleagues have told me that SAS/Connect (which is what does the signon) doesn't play well with the Integration Technologies used by Enterprise Guide. If you don't get it working quickly, you should probably throw it to Tech. Support.
Patrick
Opal | Level 21
Tom

You shouldn't believe everything your colleagues tell you.

The rsubmit command (mp connect) is issued on the SAS Server. EG has nothing to do with it except of sending all the code to the SAS Server and retrieving the result.

Cheers
Patrick

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 in conversation