BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
CaseySmith
SAS Employee

We are excited about designs we are working on for a fresh and modern look and improved experience for Enterprise Guide!  If you are attending SGF and are interested in a sneak peek of these early designs, as well as an opportunity to influence them with feedback, you'll want to attend this session that @samdupont will be presenting:

The Future of SAS Enterprise Guide
(Tue, April 4th, 10:00 AM - 10:30 AM)

We look forward to hearing and incorporating your feedback!

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

12 REPLIES 12
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @CaseySmith,

already found out about this session on the SGF agenda and you will find me there, I am very interested about the early new designs. Also about its possibilities for its future on the web, with all the great potential coming from HTML5. Maybe moving SAS Studio? We shall see 🙂

Thank you!

Juan

CaseySmith
SAS Employee

Great, glad to hear you'll be there Juan!  I'll be in the audience as well.

Casey

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

TomKari
Onyx | Level 15

Looking forward to seeing you guys!

Tom

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

See you! 🙂

ToddS
Fluorite | Level 6

For those of us who could not make it to SGF, can we see what you presented?

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

I was present at the SAS Forum, but I am also looking forward to getting some slides/images of the presentation, so I can also share with my local user groups! Please ? 🙂

samdupont
SAS Employee

Hi,

Attached is a .pdf version of "The Future of SAS® Enterprise Guide (EG)" that was shown at SGF17. Let us know what you think.

Cheers,

Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio Team 

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @samdupont,

many thanks to you and the EG/Studio teams. This will be useful, one of those great presentations that we can share with our SAS user groups.

Whilst I would not like to pull it at all, there is something that I miss, though: the pdf format is just fine, but as this presentation is about the new GUI, and the images are very pixelized, I would like to ask for a document including images with enough quality to be able to show and explain the interesting new interface of EG.

If this is  possible, it would be highly appreciated 😄

Thank you in advance!

Cheers,

Juan

samdupont
SAS Employee

Sorry about the quality. We were trying to reduce the size and as a result the quality was sub-optimal. How about this version? is it better quality?  The notes can be found in the "comment" icon on the top left. The comment layer can be turned off as well. 

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Definetely better! Wow, many thanks, and great response time, I must to say 🙂

And no apologies needed, I guess you guys are working under a lot of pressure with so many things going on. At least that what I got on my side, so I would understand a similar situation on yours. That's why feedback is important. 😉

moorsd
Obsidian | Level 7

Is the new interface for Enterprise Guide 8 written using Web Technologies. i.e. HTML5, XML, etc? Are you moving away from C#? I'm intrigued.

samdupont
SAS Employee

EG will remain a rich-client written in .NET. We are replacing most of the application shell, using WPF, to support the new, modern design. Our ultimate, long-term goal is provide the best application for SAS programmers on the desktop using EG and on the web using SAS Studio.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 14 likes
  • 6 in conversation