BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
thangaprabhu1986
Calcite | Level 5

SEC6 Abend in Mainframe job whil sorting huge SAS dataset

The address space has used a maximum of 1884K below the line and 26888K ab

$HASP375 COGVVWUS ESTIMATE EXCEEDED BY           1,250,000  LINES         

Have around 50 temporary datasets in the program.

4 REPLIES 4
thangaprabhu1986
Calcite | Level 5

This is occuring for me in Mainframe SAS below are system codes i get.

SYSTEM COMPLETION CODE=EC6  REASON CODE=0000FD1D

01.19.52 JOB27249  BPXP013I THREAD 1709580000000000, IN PROCESS  50332167, WAS  193 

193             TERMINATED BY SIGNAL SIGXCPU, DUE TO CPU TIME OUT.         

jakarman
Barite | Level 11

Normally there is 322 abend code when there is a timeout on the exec time parameters (SMF MVS managed). The EC6 is coming from a different one Unix service within mainframe.   
IBM Knowledge Center z/OS MVS System codes.    The FD1D is telling there was somebody giving a signal to the task and make a dump. That may be an reaction to some other problem like looping or suspect to be looping.
The 193 CPU time out is telling there is timelimit being passed. That must be one in the open segment setting. (search those words)

33650 - An error occurs when you use SAS/CONNECT® through a spawner to download data from the z/OS e...

42735 - Support for the RACF profile BPX.DEFAULT.USER is dropped in z/OS 2.1

http://support.sas.com/documentation/installcenter/en/ikfdtnmvscg/66194/PDF/default/config.pdf

---->-- ja karman --<-----

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation