BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
SonalJ
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,,

I am currently working on Guidewire Datahub. I wanted to understand if SAS can be used to integrate to Guidewire and develop and run jobs.

Guidewire is an Insurance Suite with Claim Center, Billing Center and Policy Center. I am aware that SAP BODS can be used as the ETL tool with this product, but do you know SAS can be used instead of SAP BODS?

Thanks,

Sonal

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Patrick
Opal | Level 21

@SonalJ

The Guidewire site doesn't offer a lot of technical information but from what I've read I believe the DataHub is not meant to be accessed directly by 3rd party software. Such data would get published into a EDW and you would access it from there.

https://www.guidewire.com/sites/default/files/media/pdfs/DataHub_data_sheet_enabling_transformation_...

Capture.JPG

If you still want to try: SAS can interface with many data sources. You might want to contact Guidwire directly and ask them what technology they use and how Guidwire recommends to access their data.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

You need to find out on which database platform Guidewire is implemented. Then you can either use the respective SAS/ACCESS module for direct access to the RDBMS, or unload the database tables to flatfiles and load them into SAS with data steps. Your approach will be determined mainly by how current the data warehouse needs to be.

SonalJ
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you for the response.

Guidewire has their own database product called Datahub. The data processed in the Guidewire Application is stored in Datahub.

It has a standard table structure designed by Guidewire and customization is possible as per customer needs.

Currently I access the Datahub database using the SSMS.

Patrick
Opal | Level 21

@SonalJ

The Guidewire site doesn't offer a lot of technical information but from what I've read I believe the DataHub is not meant to be accessed directly by 3rd party software. Such data would get published into a EDW and you would access it from there.

https://www.guidewire.com/sites/default/files/media/pdfs/DataHub_data_sheet_enabling_transformation_...

Capture.JPG

If you still want to try: SAS can interface with many data sources. You might want to contact Guidwire directly and ask them what technology they use and how Guidwire recommends to access their data.

SonalJ
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you @Patrick and @Kurt_Bremser.

The responses helped. I think Datahub->EDW->SAS would make sense. I will still contact GW to get more details. Thanks.

Patrick
Opal | Level 21

@SonalJ

Please let us know what GW tells you so we can all learn something new.

Maruthi
Calcite | Level 5

By default Guidewire uses H2 Database. Having said that, Guidewire is generally compatible with other legacy DBs 

Maruthi
Calcite | Level 5

Let us know if there was a response received from Guidewire. 

And it would be great if someone here has a Data Dictionary template for any of the Guidewire modules. 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation