BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
rec28
Calcite | Level 5
Hi All,

I've been asked to do a quick review of our existing infrastructure and applications in order to assess what will need to occur in order to upgrade from SAS v8.2 to SAS 9. Unfortunately, My SAS knowledge & experience amounts to a big fat zero.

Can anyone point me to where I can find information regarding the following?

- General compatability issues, including server applications (e.g. running on the same server as Crystal Reports, etc) and desktop applications (e.g. compatibility with MS Office)

- Deprecated/obsolete features, including methods, properties or components that would force changes to the code of existing applications that interface with SAS (we have several Cold Fusion & Visual Basic 6 applications that currently interface with SAS).

- Recommendations re: which version of SAS 9 to adopt.

TIA for any help you can offer!

Cheers,
Rob
1 REPLY 1
deleted_user
Not applicable
Here is the information you might be looking for:
http://support.sas.com/rnd/migration

Gregor

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation