BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi guys
I am new to SAS and i am in real need of ur expertise view.
I am Installing SAS on Solaris Machine.
I have Created 4 zones on Solaris

1 Depot-Storage
2 Metadeta Server
3 Workspace
4 Webserver

Now I have finished Creating a Depot on Depot-Storage zone.
And I have successfully installed Metadata on metadata server.
but i am facing a problem in Workspace.
I have successfully finished setup.sh but when i try to execute loadAppServer.sh it throws me error

Couldnot connect to server to retrive repository attributes.

Thanks in Advance
Regards
Musaddaq
8 REPLIES 8
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager
Musaddaq,

This sounds like an issue for tech support. You can begin a track by using:
http://support.sas.com/techsup/contact/submit_emits2.html

Chris
It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi Cris
Thanks for the link.
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi Guys
I was going through the pre-requisites mentioned in SAS Documentation.
I noticed that in JRE that I need to provide Netscape browser path with Control panel script. In the Netscape site I have noticed that Netscape6 or Netscape4 is not available with Solaris. Can I use any other browser with Solaris like mozilla.
Regards
Musaddaq
prholland
Fluorite | Level 6
I got round the problem of Netscape not being installed by linking to Firefox instead:

ln -s /usr/bin/firefox /usr/bin/netscape

SAS is happy, as the Netscape parameters used are compatible with Firefox. This has worked in Solaris 10 64-bit and Ubuntu 6.10 32-bit.

.........Phil Holland
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi Guys
d After all pre-requisites I finished Metadata installaion.
All looks fine and even I started Metadata server.
But I don’t find sasmc script under /devmetadata/sas/SAS/SASManagementConsole/9.1
Can u plz help me in this.
Regards
Musadaq
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Installation and configuration questions are best answered by Tech Support. There's no guarantee on the forum that other folks have done the SAS Enterprise Intelligence Platform install in the same way that you have. Tech Support can help you debug this much quicker than waiting for somebody to answer on the forum.

cynthia
deleted_user
Not applicable
Installation and configuration questions are best answered by Tech Support. There's no guarantee on the forum that other folks have done the SAS Enterprise Intelligence Platform install in the same way that you have. Tech Support can help you debug this much quicker than waiting for somebody to answer on the forum.

cynthia

Hi Cynthia
Thanks for the suggestion.
I have already uploaded my query to Tech Support. But they r not very quick to ans. So i am looking for other alternatives.

Regards
Musadddaq
Victor
Calcite | Level 5
Hello

After Installing SAS Foundations, and Configuration Wizard, The result is a HTML Page named Instructions.html. Before you begin to execute instructions from this page, you have to install the SAS - Management Console from the Client Side Component Volume 1 CD. Scripts needs that Management Console to be installed.

Regards,

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 in conversation